And folks, I have a brand new, never seen before, Poker Boy collection in it. And Kris has a brand new, never seen novella in it.
And on top of that, Annie Reed has a brand new collection in the bundle and Fiction River Presents: Sorcery and Steam is also new. Plus Laura Anne Gillman’s nifty novella “From Whence You Came had very little distribution before this bundle.
So this bundle is chalk full of original-to-the-bundle books. And I put it all together. And had a blast doing so.
This is only available for a very short time. So grab it quickly. Here is my blog from the site and all the details…
I looked at putting this fantastic bundle together as one of the best challenges I would face all year. After all, the title covers massive ground.
Sorcery can mean anything from mid-evil fantasy to modern horror. From Harry Potter to George R.R. Martin novels. The simple definition of the word sorcery is the use of power obtained from evil.
But then you add in the word “Steam” and that brings in massive areas of even more genres. “Steam” in fiction is a form of science fiction or alternate world or fantasy world where inventions are ahead of their times. Lots of gears and moving parts and great sounds of machinery.
So how to put all that into one bundle of books? What a great challenge. And I loved the challenge.
So here is how I did it.
I decided to cover everything as much as possible, give the readers wonderful stories, not just in sorcery or steam, but in all of it, often mixed. In essence, a rainbow of books.
And to cover that ground, I would need more than just one book per color. So first off I asked Joshua Palmatier and S.C. Butler, the editors of the fantastic anthology Guilds and Glaives if that book was available and it was. This single anthology has some of the best writers working in fantasy in it. Lawrence Harding, Howard Andrew Jones, Esther Friesner, Jenna Rhodes, Gini Koch, Violette Malan, Leah Webber, David Farland, R.K. Nickel, Ashley McConnell, D.B. Jackson, James Enge, Jason Palmatier, and Amelia Sirina.
Wow, that added some real colors, so I next turned to my wife, New York Times bestselling writer Kristine Kathryn Rusch and she just so happened had just finished a brand new fantasy short novel Killing the Angel of Death that had never been published before and she offered it to this bundle.
I might need to repeat that. An original Kristine Kathryn Rusch novella available only in this bundle.
Then I talked with one of my favorite urban fantasy writers, Annie Reed, and she had a collection of stories she had just put together that fit perfectly called Spells Gone Bad. It is also original to this bundle only.
Next, bestselling fantasy writer Laura Anne Gilman offered up a short novel, From Whence You Came, with winemakers as magicians. The novella had limited distribution before this bundle, so this is a treat.
But at this point I wasn’t getting any Steam, just a lot of Sorcery, so I turned to Nicole Givens Kurtz for her amazing collection Sisters of the Wild Sage, which to say the least, has a lot of Steam in it. And to add even more Steam, Leah M Cutter offered up her first book in her Clockwork Fairy Trilogy.
I managed to get Louisa Swann to add in an extended version of her popular Night of the Clockwork Dragon. And to make sure I had enough dragons, I turned to Stefon Mears for his book Twice Against the Dragon.
I also had the title anthology for this bundle: Fiction River: Sorcery and Steam put together just for this bundle by Gwyneth Gibby at WMG Publishing. She got some fantastic fantasy writers for it.
But I was still missing one major area. Modern, here-and-now fantasy. And some comedy as well.
So also brand new to this Storybundle is a Poker Boy collection I put together to just fill the missing area. The collection includes a novella and four crazy, funny, modern fantasy stories.
So there are four brand new (original to this collection) books here. And a wide spectrum of fantasy that I am proud to say can live happily for three weeks together in Sorcery and Steam. – Dean Wesley Smith
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- Sisters of the Wild Sage by Nicole Givens Kurtz
- Night of the Clockwork Dragon by Louisa Swann
- The Clockwork Fairy Kingdom by Leah Cutter
- Guilds & Glaives by S.C. Butler and Joshua Palmatier
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $15, you get all four of the regular books, plus SIX more!
- Twice Against the Dragon by Stefon Mears
- From Whence You Came by Laura Anne Gilman
- Killing the Angel of Death by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Fiction River Presents: Sorcery & Steam by Gwyneth Gibby
- Luck Be Ladies by Dean Wesley Smith
- Spells Gone Bad by Annie Reed
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to AbleGamers!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!