Challenge,  On Writing

Day Twelve of Writing a Novel in a Half Month

Chapter Twelve: Day Twelve of Writing a Novel in Half a Month

Last night got to bed at my normal 4 am time, but the allergies are killing me, even with a pill today. I have hearing issues anyway, but today felt like I was at 30,000 feet and my ears hadn’t popped yet. And even put in my hearing aids and all that did was make it seem worse. Have I said in previous springs how much I hate allergies? (grin)

Day Twelve, Entry One.

12:15 pm to 2:00 pm.  I got up around 11:30 and got to this internet computer at 12:15. Worked solid on workshop stuff and email until 2 pm, without a break.

2:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Lunch with Kris. I was annoying because Kris’s voice normally goes smack into my hearing loss, and with my head at 30,000 feet, I think have of the sentences I said were, “What?”

3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Meeting with the entire crew from WMG Publishing, mostly trying to make sure I had all my deadlines down.

5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. Working on workshop assignments and working with Loren on the phone about Kickstarters and art.

6:30 pm until 7:30 pm. Dinner with Kris. And news.

7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Worked on workshop assignments and such.

9:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Watched The Voice with Kris. (That was a challenge with clogged ears, let me tell you.)

10:30 pm to 11:00 pm. Finished up the assignments on the workshops and started the new ones. Then came to finally to do this entry. No writing or exercise done yet today.

Day Twelve, Entry Two.

11:00 pm to 2:00 am.  I got to writing, staying at it with a couple of breaks, one about 15 minutes long to do a little channel surfing. Ended up with 2,900 words. I’ll take it considering the day.

2:00 am to 2:45 am. Read a couple of Cave Creek stories before my eye finally gave out. I am going to go back to watching television and then try to get a full night’s sleep.  One really crazy day of business stuff. Still no idea at all where the story is going. Keeps twisting and I am just following along.


Day One… 3,004 words

Day Two… 2,950 words

Day Three… 2,500 words

Day Four… 1,810 Words

Day Five… 0 Words

Day Six… 1,750 Words

Day Seven… 3,350 Words

Day Eight… 3,100 Words

Day Nine… 3,950 Words

Day Ten… 2,500 Words

Day Eleven… 3,600 Words

Day Twelve… 2,900 Words

TOTAL… 31,414 words


One Comment

  • Kate Pavelle

    Oi, hearing loss sucks. Scott and I had to get used to not talking (or yelling) at each other from another room, or when the kitchen fan is or, or when the TV is on, or when the water is running… Few years back I was in Japanese sword class. I was the youngest person there, and Sensei, who was across the room, demonstrated a move. And then he did it again a bit differently and said, “And this is what I call a Great Bear.”
    A Great Bear? What an unusual name for a Japanese technique, I thought. It gnawed on my so I raised my hand and asked, “Sensei, did you say that was called a Great Bear?”
    When people stopped laughing, he said, “No, I said that’s what I call a GRAVE ERROR. You don’t want to run onto your opponent’s blade!”
    Duh 🙂 But all the gray hair in the class clapped me on my back and welcomed me to the club.